Rental Coordinator, Peak Drive
The transition to the decarbonized energy future of tomorrow is happening today, and the climate tech industry is set to grow quickly in the coming years. It's an exciting time to grow your career with an innovative company driven by environmental purpose!
Peak Power is a Canadian climate tech company with offices in Toronto, New York, and Boston. We’re the only company bringing together battery storage, grid interactive buildings, and bi-directional electric vehicles with a single decarbonization platform for partners to achieve net zero goals, cut operating expenses, and unlock new revenue opportunities.
Rental Coordinator, Peak Drive
While people dream of a better energy future, Peak Power is building it. Founded in 2015, Peak has developed a comprehensive software platform that alleviates strain on the electricity grid and drives value to owners of clean energy assets, buildings, and electric vehicles (EVs) through electricity markets. Our Synergy software platform optimizes the operation of distributed energy resources by forecasting and predicting the behavior of electricity markets.
Reporting to the Operations Specialist of Vehicle-Grid Integration, the Rental Customer Service Coordinator will be a customer-oriented, empathetic problem solver who will coordinate vehicle availability, provide customer service, and resolve any customer questions or issues that may arise. The primary responsibility will be to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries, and maintain high customer satisfaction. Our Peak Drive project is exploring innovative electric vehicle (EV) business models. Most days in the year, our customers are using the fleet of EVs, but the cars also provide power back to the grid at times of peak demand. Some of our electric vehicles are used for short-term rentals through a car-sharing platform. We currently operate two vehicle locations in Toronto’s downtown core.
Our new Rental Customer Service Coordinator will:
- Deliver. You have excellent time management and prioritization skills. You will be working out of multiple locations and remotely via phone and email. You have a customer service mindset and will respond to customer questions and issues, and support pick-up and drop-off (mostly remotely). You will document the vehicle condition before and after as per the rental policy, and clean and sanitize the vehicle between rentals.
- Collaborate. You will provide necessary vehicle information along with EV charging and infrastructure information to customers while handling internal Peak Drive coordination with the Peak Power team.
- Grow. You will liaise between customers and Peak Power team and share customer feedback to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience.
What you bring to Peak Power:
- The education. You have a high school diploma and possess a valid driving license to move cars between locations as needed occasionally.
- The drive and curiosity. You have a roll up your sleeves attitude and are motivated to solve problems and support positive customer experiences.
- The flexibility. You are flexible to work outside of regular business hours and can be available ‘on demand’ to respond promptly to customer needs – the most popular car pick-up and drop-off times are evenings and weekends. This is a part-time position, and the times and number of hours will vary depending on customer bookings. You have the opportunity to manage your schedule for non-customer facing tasks flexibly, such as vehicle maintenance or cleaning and sanitation between rentals.
Why Peak Power?
Peak Power believes in treating our people right. We offer comprehensive benefits from day one of employment for Canadian team members, generous vacation and personal days to support work/life balance, gym membership reimbursement, paid opportunities for learning and development, and much more. Our team is distributed across North America, and we welcome remote and local applicants.
Together, we’re building something that has the power to significantly transform the electricity and commercial real estate sectors to enable the clean, decarbonized economy of tomorrow. This work matters.
If this all sounds exciting to you, and you are looking for a career built on purpose and passion, we invite you to apply with us.
Peak Power is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.