Let’s make Power Plants Obsolete.
The current, centralized electricity system is not sustainable. Between the climate crisis, state-wide blackouts, aging infrastructure, and rising costs, the system needs a huge overhaul. The demand for electricity is high – and getting higher – and big power plants aren't meeting our needs. We say it's time to disrupt and decentralize.
At Peak Power, we're energy nerds that develop software for the real estate sector. Our tech turns commercial buildings and industrial facilities into hubs in a new, decentralized electricity system. This means cleaner, more reliable, and more affordable electricity. We’re powering the clean energy revolution.
Peak Power has developed a comprehensive software platform that alleviates strain on the electricity grid and drives value to owners of clean energy assets, buildings, and electric vehicles (EVs) through electricity markets.
The VP of Sales, reporting to the CEO is directly responsible for driving divisional, regional, and international sales for the SaaS (Software as a service) and ESaaS (Energy Storage as a Service) offerings, as well as overseeing all functions of the sales and marketing operations. This includes software that optimizes Distributed Energy Resources that include batteries, battery + solar, buildings and EV (Electric Vehicles) charging projects; coincident peak notifications and developing battery and battery + solar facilities at customer facilities. The VP, Sales will be instrumental in building strategic plans for our offerings, and building business relationships to provide a vision for all sales strategies and their execution. They will collaborate with executives to successfully launch and manage new products, services, and associated brands to meet profitability goals in line with the Peak Power Objectives.
In this role, you will,
- Lead & Deliver
- Develop, administer and maintain a comprehensive sales program that ensures continued growth and industry leadership for the Canadian and U.S. operations.
- Mentor, coach and manage a sales team, including quota and performance reviews, adhoc / formal sales coaching and career guidance.
- Manage multiple customer sales cycles and close effectively across all ISOs.
- Design all aspects of client selling: prospecting, consultation, building strategic proposals, relationship management, key account planning, closing and transitions.
- Work with senior management and accounting staff to establish annual sales and expense budgets.
- Build and maintain robust strategic accounts and partnerships to support Peak’s Objectives, Goals and Initiatives (OGI’s) and the teams Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Devise and deploy all sales goals and objectives across the organization, including the preparation of sales quotas and budgets.
- Be responsible for annual sales operating plans, and support your team and ensure that key sales opportunities are closed to meet/exceed quota.
- Ensure a pipeline that continuously grows based on strategic partnership development, industry leadership, and a creative growth mentality.
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals.
- Develop and manage prospect relationships within the North American industry.
- Plan & Report
- Implement strategic planning including corporate positioning market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Oversee product management including market and customer research for market and product requirements, interface with engineering for product development, product pricing and product lifecycle management.
- Oversee product marketing including product launch management, sales training, presentations, sales tools, competitive analysis and general sales support.
What you bring to Peak Power:
- The education. You have a bachelor’s degree in business or have a Master degree in Business Administration.
- The experience. You have strong experience in a sales leadership role with 10+ years of commercial experience, preferably within enterprise SaaS in renewable energy and distributed energy resources environment. You have a proven record of successfully building and mentoring a high-performance sale team and are an excellent communicator with effectively building out processes and sales strategies from the ground up and are technology minded, with the ability to explain high-tech info to a variety of audiences. You have developed an exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales strategies and building relationships that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- The drive and curiosity. You have a roll up your sleeves attitude and are motivated to solve problems and support team success. You are passionate about contributing to innovative solutions to climate change.
- The flexibility. You are flexible to adapt your activities as needed to support evolving team priorities in a rapidly changing business environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to figure things out when there is no clear, defined path or process outlined. You have proactiveness in identifying problems & finding solutions.
So why Peak Power?
We’re focused on solving problems that impact energy markets both locally and around the world. We are a growth-stage clean technology company that has partnered with major names in real estate, electricity, and smart city spaces. To work with us is not only to work with an exciting company, but to also be on the cutting edge of the global transition to distributed, clean, and carbon-free energy.
How we invest in our team:
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI). We believe in driving a better energy future through focused efforts towards understanding and improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- You’re Covered. Comprehensive health insurance from Day 1.
- Work/Life Balance. Generous and flexible vacation and sick/wellness days to make time for personal appointments and taking a mental health break.
- We’re Listening. We take internal engagement surveys seriously and make actionable changes based on feedback.
- Keep Learning. Sharpen your skills through continuous development paid for by Peak Power.
- Get Social. Fun activities including team events and game nights to stay connected both virtually and in person including fun Slack channels that celebrate our love of food, fitness, fashion, furry friends, and everything in between!
- Long Weekends Start Early. Beat the traffic to the cottage or curl up with your favourite book, start early with half days off before long weekends.
- Health & Wellness. We care about your physical and mental wellbeing and offer monthly reimbursements to support your fitness and health journey.
Apply here or learn more about our company from our website or LinkedIn.
At Peak Power we value the unique experiences and perspectives that folx bring. This is how we build a collaborative and innovative environment. As such, we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Should you feel that you don’t meet 100% of the areas of this posting we encourage you to apply and tell us more about what values you feel you could add to the team. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.