Let’s make Power Plants Obsolete.
The current, centralized electricity system is not sustainable. Between the climate crisis, state-wide blackouts, aging infrastructure, and rising costs, the system needs a huge overhaul. The demand for electricity is high – and getting higher – and big power plants aren't meeting our needs. We say it's time to disrupt and decentralize.
At Peak Power, we're energy nerds that develop software for the real estate sector. Our tech turns commercial buildings and industrial facilities into hubs in a new, decentralized electricity system. This means cleaner, more reliable, and more affordable electricity. We’re powering the clean energy revolution.
Peak has developed a comprehensive software platform that alleviates strain on the electricity grid and drives value to owners of clean energy assets, buildings, and electric vehicles (EVs) through electricity markets.
As a member of the Product team, you will be involved throughout the product development process, from user research and customer discovery, to crafting detailed interactions, flows, and UI design. You will work with a diverse team of product managers, developers, and subject matter experts to deliver world class experiences that solve complex problems in clean energy.
We are focused on solving problems that impact energy markets both locally and around the world. Even a small change to optimize power utilization can have a huge impact to our customers, our electrical grid, and our environment. We are a growth-stage clean technology company that has partnered with major companies in real estate, electricity, and smart city spaces. Working with us is to work with an exciting company and be on the cutting edge of the global transition to distributed, clean, and carbon-free energy.
In this role, you will:
- Design and contribute UX solutions at various levels of fidelity, from high-level wireframes and mockups to interactive prototypes, and adjust designs based on feedback.
- Partner with product managers and developers to implement designs, find opportunities, explore solutions.
- Deliver polished, pixel-perfect UI design artifacts that support design standards and consistency though our Design System.
- Interview users to understand their workflows and challenges, in collaboration with your Agile team, and tell their stories through compelling designs.
- Advocate for design-centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis.
- Role model Peak Power's values of being Visionary, Passionate, and Collaborative as we bring new ideas to the energy sector to build a better future.
What you bring to Peak Power:
- 3+ years of relevant design experience at a product driven company shipping B2B or Enterprise SaaS products.
- Creative visual design, a strong eye for details, a self-starter and a fast learner.
- Fluency with Figma and hands-on experience in creating functional prototypes at varying levels of fidelity. We also use Miro extensively.
- Experience with Design Systems and the ability to balance working strategically with systems thinking while shipping often.
- Knowledge of the product development process, from product thinking to visual and interaction design.
- Experience conducting user research, building user journey maps, user flows, wireframes and lo-fi to hi-fi design concepts
- Strong presence and communication skills with the ability to succinctly present your design decisions and process.
- Demonstrated strong day-to-day execution skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with product teams in an agile development process.
- Experience taking feedback from users and iterating on design.
- Experience working with SaaS or enterprise software that includes visualization of high volumes of data.
- Experience working with modern Internet of Things software platforms that include device control as well as data monitoring.
Peak Power is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.